Co-ed Spring Soccer Program
For Boys and Girls ages 4 through 13: the philosophy of the program is to teach skills and rules to each player. Each division has been adapted to the ability of each age group.
- Registration for Spring Soccer 2024 will open on Feb 1 through Feb 18 (exception - if an age division fills before the February 18 deadline, it will close sooner. Limited space is available, and divisions fill up quickly, so sign up sooner rather than later.)Sign up here.
- Please be aware that the City of Walker is working on some essential field maintenance/upgrades. Our Spring 2024 soccer program is going to be smaller than usual to accommodate this construction. Once we reach our roster caps, we will be unable to add more players/teams. Please sign up as soon as possible before spots fill up.
- Spring season will include 5 weeks of games. First Game will be April 20 (practices begin April 8).
- Cost for the 4 to 6 age groups is $40 for residents and $50 for non-residents.
- Cost for the 7 to 13 age groups is $50 for residents and $60 for non-residents.
- $5 discount for each additional family member.
- Additional $10 late fee charge for registrations received after Feb 18.
- Refunds are not permitted once your player is placed on a team. Refund will be permitted before teams are formed less $10 to cover costs associated with making last-minute adjustments.
- Volunteer Head Coaches will receive a full refund for the child's registration that they are coaching and will be allowed to make two friend requests (friend request choices are NOT GUARANTEED in all circumstances) once a background check is complete and clear. To apply to be a volunteer coach, fill out this volunteer coach's application (PDF) and email to Michelle May
- SafeSports Training Video link.
Your coach will be in touch about the game schedule, or you can always access the Rec Soccer League Portal!
Soccer Field Map (PDF) Fields 1A and 1B have been relocated for the Spring 2024 season due to construction.
- When can I register my child for rec soccer?
Spring Soccer registration takes place in February and Fall Soccer registrations are in July.
- Can I register multiple kids at once?
Yes! Just add all players to your shopping cart before checking out.
- Why can’t my 6-year-old and 9-year-old play on the same team?
We have the teams divided by age as there’s a significant size difference in kids in different age groups. This is for the safety and well-being of all players.
- What equipment do we need?
The only equipment you need are shin guards. Soccer ball and cleats are optional.
- How can I input into what night practices take place?
The only way to do this is by volunteering as a Coach for your child’s team – coaches always get to choose the practice schedule and location for their team.
- How can I help?
Please consider volunteering as a coach. The success of our program lies with the generous help our coaches provide. It’s a really rewarding experience and you get refunded the cost of the program for your own child.
- How do I find out about my child’s practice schedule?
Coaches will email or call their teams before the start of the practices
- How can I find more information about soccer and the program?
https://www.recsoccer.info/ or visit our Facebook page – City of Walker parks and Recreation
- Why don’t we have standings for the teams?
Walker Rec soccer is about teaching children the fundamentals of the game in a fun way. We focus on fun, rather than the final scores.